[Designer to Know] Bi Yi and Her Brand QIBUL

Name, City, Brand?

Bi Yi(毕翼), Beijing, QIBUL (柒布了).

Who are you?

I’m a poet, I’m an artist and I’m a designer. I graduated from The School of Arts Peking University. I like cheongsam, because my mother is a cheongsam tailor. When I was young, my mother taught me how to sew, to embroider, to design, that’s my childhood hobby, and I like it. When I grow to be 18 years old, I decided to learn painting, and that study experience has a great influence to my designers career. Later on, I work for the film companies, and design costume for the actors, and now I set up my own brand QIBUL.

After showed up in the 2nd Shenzhen Original Design Fashion Week, is there anything changes to your brand awareness?

As a representative brand of designing Chinese style clothes, QIBUL got a great feedback about our designs in the static display show of 2nd Shenzhen Original Design Fashion Week. Of course, there is some critical comment to us, but I know that is a path of growing, no matter what others say, I will persist in my way and explore the useful knowledge. I choose the way of pursuing the original design, and I should have the capacity to tackle different kinds of remarks.

Compared with other international fashion weeks, could you give some advice to Shenzhen Original Design Fashion Week?

The culture and features of the international fashion weeks are built step by step, and be well-known around the world. Every fashion week is also a reflect of city’s culture, so Shenzhen Original Design Fashion Week is a good event to let the world know the city. The theme of the fashion week is “original design”, so the event should have the awareness to nurture the newbie designer and help to protect their design work copyright, so that the original fashion designer would reply the platform, and promote the development of the original design industry. By the way, we should have our Chinese style, and it’s good to imitate other fashion week’s European style. 




Want to know more about this brand?

Join the 4th Shenzhen Original Design Fashion Week.
30 Nov. - 2 Dec, 2017, Shenzhen, China.

Co-located event: FASHION SOURCE (Shenzhen International Exhibition for Clothing OEM/ODM,Yarns,Fabrics & Fashion Accessories)

In 2016, the statistics is 1200 exhibitors and 50,000 visitors. 






评论

此博客中的热门博文

[Designer to Know] Nancy Wong and Her Brand Beata

Showcase Your Modern Fabrics in China's Fastest Growing Metropolis